About the Location
Want to wander around and explore San Diego attractions away from the hotel for a few hours or an entire day? There are a variety of points of interest nearby to suit every taste. These thrills are just minutes by car from Town and Country San Diego, the finest of hotels near the University of San Diego, Fashion Valley Mall, the San Diego Zoo, Old Town San Diego, Balboa Park, Mission Bay, SeaWorld and numerous other attractions.
Enjoy shopping near Mission Valley at San Diego’s premier outdoor shopping and entertainment destination – the Fashion Valley shopping district is an upscale, open‐air shopping destination with 200 places to dine and shop, and an 18 screen movie theater – within easy walking distance from our hotel by the footbridge or Fashion Valley Road.
No visit around San Diego is complete without a visit to the San Diego Zoo. Situated in the iconic Balboa Park, the world famous San Diego Zoo is one of the largest zoos in the world, stretching over 100 immaculately landscaped acres. This legendary zoo is home to an exciting menagerie, including a rare giant panda, gorillas, koalas, elephants, tigers, polar bears, and more varieties of monkeys than you knew existed.
If you want to venture a bit further, here are some of San Diego’s other exciting destinations. Each is accessible by the light‐rail trolley that stops at Town and Country:
- The Gaslamp District
- San Diego Convention Center
- PETCO Park
- Seaport Village – One of the top tourist attractions in San Diego, located right on the downtown waterfront, Seaport village is a 14‐acre center constructed in the style of a 19th‐century harbor village, complete with weathered wood wharfs and cobblestone paths lined by ponds, lakes, fountains and lush landscaping.
- Qualcomm Stadium
- USS Midway – With a visit to the USS Midway Museum in San Diego Harbor, you can get a glimpse of what sea life was like aboard America’s longest‐serving aircraft carrier. An unforgettable adventure for your entire family, the USS Midway Museum lets you walk into a floating city at sea and explore the more than 60 exhibits, including a thrilling collection of 27 restored aircrafts.
- San Diego State University
These nearby attractions are just a short drive away:
- SeaWorld Adventure Park – Town and Country San Diego is a SeaWorld preferred partner. The famous aquarium is home to Shamu, the world’s best known whale, making SeaWorld one of San Diego's top attractions. Located on Mission Bay, adults and children alike experience thrilling rides, live animal shows and plenty of aquatic life.
- Old Town – Located five minutes north of downtown, Old Town is rich with history and scenery; shops, restaurants and museums abound in this popular neighborhood. Cultural festivals are frequent in the area and feature the exciting Latin flavor of mariachis and street dancers.
- Safari Park
- Mission Bay and San Diego beaches – You can't think of San Diego without thinking of Mission Bay and the beaches.