Health & Wellness Commitment
We are delighted to welcome guests back to the Town and Country. The health and wellness of our guests and associates is paramount. As part of our ongoing commitment to you, we have enhanced our efforts to ensure a safe and comfortable experience during your stay with us. Please find information below outlining some changes you can anticipate during your stay. Thank you for choosing Town and Country.
TRAVEL UPDATE - CALIFORNIA STATE MANDATE
Town and Country is currently welcoming in-state guests for vacation travel as well as in-state and out-of-state essential workers. Out-of-state vacation travelers must complete a 14-day quarantine upon arrival as directed by the California state mandate. Dining opportunities at this time are limited to in-room dining only.
General Property Information:
The Town and Country cleaning products and protocols meet or exceed the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines. Procedures include:
- The entire resort has been deep cleaned and thoroughly sanitized using Victory Innovations electrostatic disinfectant sprayers containing Bioesque hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Throughout the day, multiple sanitation cleanings occur in all public spaces and high touch areas to ensure safe and comfortable environments for our guests and team.
- No more than 4 guests, in groups not traveling together, are permitted per elevator. As with all public spaces, elevators are cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Hand sanitization stations are located throughout the property.
- Guests care items are available upon request including disposable masks and gloves.
- Transportation around property will be provided individually to accommodate safe distancing.
- Town and Country has implemented the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Safe Stay industrywide initiative, developed under the guidance of an Advisory Council, comprised of industry leaders representing all segments of the hotel industry, and in conjunction with public health experts to advance best practices for protecting against the coronavirus.
Associate Training and Monitoring:
All associates have undergone health and safety training related to our enhanced wellness standards. Protocols include:
- While on property, our associates wear personal protective equipment, based on their job function, which may include masks and gloves. They are also required to maintain safe distancing from fellow team members.
- The health of our associates is being carefully monitored. Any team member that has any reason to believe they may have been exposed to COVID -19 or other illnesses have been instructed to stay home and seek proper medical attention.
- Associates have their temperature taken at the start of each shift. Should they show indication of a fever, they will be immediately sent home and instructed to seek medical attention. Additionally, they will not be able to return to work without a negative COVID-19 test.
Guest Arrival and Departures:
Guest arrivals are spaced apart and check-in is expedited to accommodate minimal contact. Procedures include:
- Guests will receive a final bill via email prior to departure, so it will not be necessary to visit the Front Desk to complete your check-out.
- Valet service is currently suspended. Self-parking is available for all guests.
- On-property shuttle service is provided upon request.
Guest Rooms and Housekeeping Service:
Guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between every guest departure and new guest arrival. Procedures include:
- Guest rooms and public spaces are clean using a Victory Innovations electrostatic disinfectant sprayer containing Bioesque hospital grade disinfectant with particular attention paid to high-touch areas.
- Housekeeping service has been reduced to every other day; provided on the second night, for guests staying three or more nights. Guests may also request to suspend in-room cleaning during your stay and simply have linens picked-up and delivered outside of your guestroom.
- Upon arrival, you may also discuss options for additional requests and linen exchanges.
- Housekeeping will deliver requested essential items by tray or parcel outside of your guestroom.
In accordance with the current California State Mandate, dining at Town and Country is limited to in-room dining only and menus are disposable and intended for on-time use.
Based on changing state and local guidelines, activities and facility use may change. Currently the following are available:
- The Main pool and kid’s pool are heated and open. Guest must maintain at least 6 feet distance from others not traveling in their party or wear a face mask. Pool furniture is thoroughly cleaned between each use and the pool decks are regularly sanitized throughout the day.
- The hot tub is open but with San Diego County rules enforced and proper social distance required.
- The waterslide and volleyball court are temporarily closed.
- Firepits are open with social distance requirements.
- 3-acre Riverfront Park is open with social distance requirements.
- Kids Club, and resort-wide activities and events have been temporarily suspended.
- The fitness center is currently closed and we are not conducting any group activities.
In accordance with state and local government guidelines, guests are required to wear a mask in all public areas of the hotel. Additionally:
- To safeguard the health of our guests and associates, we ask that guests postpone their visit if ill with flu-like symptoms, or if they have recently traveled to a region that is experiencing widespread transmission of COVID-19.
- Town and Country employees have been given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly to all presumed cases of COVID-19. Guests who are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms while at Town and Country are instructed to quarantine in their room and immediately notify hotel security at 619.778.3171 so that we may assist them in locating appropriate medical treatment nearby.
- In the event of a presumptive case of COVID-19 the guest’s room will be immediately removed from service. The room will only be returned to service after a minimum of 48 hours and after following protocol that meets or exceeds CDC guidelines and applicable state laws including undergoing extensive cleaning using an electrostatic sprayer and hospital-grade disinfectant.