Get Out and Enjoy San Diego Events
There is plenty of fun to be had at the Town and Country Resort Hotel and even more all around San Diego. Family-friendly “Movies on the Lawn” in the summer are just an example of the activities we plan each week so our guests can enjoy their stay at our resort.
We also offer special packages for nearby attractions including Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Safari Park, and LEGOLAND. Reduced price admission tickets are also available for purchase on our reservations page or through our concierge on-site.
Rock and Roll Marathon-Get Ready to Roll!
Sun. June 2, 2013
Rock out at the annual Rock N Roll Marathon! The annual Rock n' Roll Marathon sprints into San Diego on June 2nd. This 26.2 mile marathon features live music lining the streets, cheer squads, and a huge post-marathon concert to end the race with a bang. The much race route will feature more than 9 miles along San Diego’s scenic waterfront, include a stretch through PETCO Park and a 13.1-mile half marathon. With more than 20,000 runners and 100,000 enthusiastic spectators, this popular event is not to be missed!
Spectator Tips for Race Day
- Know the projected finish time of your runner to keep track of time.
- Be sure to discuss a post-race reunion plan with with your runner BEFORE the race. Large alphabetical signs will be posted in the Family Reunion area near the Finish Line to help aid you in reconnecting with your runner.
- Use public transportation, like the San Diego Trolley to watch the race.
Looking for some good spots to cheer on your runner? Below are some suggested mile-markers:
- Marathon Mile 5.7: PETCO Park by way of the 12th & Imperial trolley station
- Marathon Mile 7.8: Broadway by way of American Plaza/Santa Fe Depot trolley station
- Marathon Mile 12.5 /Half Marathon Mile 8.3: P.F. Chang’s by way of Fashion Valley trolley station
- Marathon Mile 14.5/Half Marathon Mile 10.4: Linda Vista area by way of Morena/Linda Vista trolley station
- Finish Line
With local bands playing live on 26 entertainment stages, Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego will rock America’s Finest City in a city-wide party. The bands will pulsate the course to keep runners and spectators rockin’ from start to finish!
After the race, get ready to rock with the free Post-Race Concert, located at the Finish Line Festival and open to the public. The Finish Line Festival stage will be rockin’ all day with an Opening Act and then the Post-Race Concert to keep you groovin’ after you cross the finish line.